Baptism/The Holy Spirit
Notice that following repentance is the remission of sins, which baptism signifies, symbolically dying to sin and resurrection to a new life. The only way you can enter the Kingdom of God is by being born again, thru repentance and baptism. When a person comes out of the water, all your sins are removed, and you receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. He will teach you and help you to follow the law of God. The next verses prove you cannot receive the spirit unless you are truly repentant, stop sinning and turn back to Yahweh's Torah. Sin is transgression of the law.
● John 3:5 “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Yeshua answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
● Matthew 3:1 In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea 2 saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”
● John 3:22 After these things Jesus and His disciples came into the land of Judea, and there He was spending time with them and baptizing. 23 John also was baptizing in Aenon near Salim, because there was much water there; and people were coming and were being baptized—
● Matthew 4: 17 From that time on Yeshua began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”
● Acts 2:37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and asked Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” 38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Yeshua Messiah for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 This promise belongs to you and to your children and to all who are far off, to all whom the Yahweh our Elohim will call to Himself.”…40 With many other words he testified, and he urged them, “Be saved from this corrupt generation.” 41 Those who embraced his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to the believers that day. 47 Praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And Yahweh added to their number daily those who are being saved. Likewise, Paul teaches the men of Athens:
● Acts 17:30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.
● Matthew 3:16 When He had been baptized, Yeshua came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
● Mark 1:15 Yeshua's words come in the form of an urgent command: "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel." Not only does Christ come to announce the soon-coming Kingdom of God, in particular to those whom God calls (John 6:44), but also to prepare the elect for their spiritual responsibilities now and in the Kingdom.
The Holy Spirit Received at Ephesus
● Acts 19:4 Paul explained: “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the One coming after him, that is, in Yeshua.” 5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Yeshua messiah . 6 And when Paul laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.…
● Acts 9:15 But the Lord said to him, “Go! For this man is My chosen instrument to take My name to Gentiles, kings, and the Israelites. 16 I will show him how much he must suffer for My name!”17 So Ananias left and entered the house. Then he placed his hands on him and said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Yeshua, who appeared to you on the road you were traveling, has sent me so that you can regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”18 At once something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he got up and was baptized. 19 And after taking some food, he regained his strength.
Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch
● Acts: 8:34 And the eunuch said to Philip, “About whom, I ask you, does the prophet say this, about himself or about someone else?” 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Yeshua. 36 And as they were going along the road they came to some water, and the eunuch said, “See, here is water! What prevents me from being baptized?” 38 And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water, Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him. 39 And when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away, and the eunuch saw him no more, and went on his way rejoicing. 40 But Philip found himself at Azotus, and as he passed through he preached the gospel to all the towns until he came to Caesarea.