Sabbath and the Resurrection
There is no place in the entire bible where you will find any verses changing the Seventh day Sabbath to Sunday, why doesn't it bother you when you worship on a different day than the day that God made holy?
Most Christians point to Romans 14 as proof text on changing the Sabbath day, however you will not find the word Sabbath written in the book.
Make no mistake, God will allow you to defy and disobey Him. He will allow you to follow the crowd and the traditions of men. He will allow you to sin. But He also says there is a day of reckoning coming. As you sow, so shall you reap!
It’s interesting to note that there is only one day of the week that the Father gives a name to, the Sabbath, the seventh day. All other days are numbers.
● Ezekiel 22: 26 Her priests (Your pastor) have done violence to My law and have profaned My holy things; they have made no distinction between the holy and the profane, and they have not taught the difference between the unclean and the clean; and they hide their eyes from My Sabbaths, and I am profaned among them. 27 Her princes within her are like wolves tearing the prey, by shedding blood and destroying lives in order to get dishonest gain.…
● Ezekiel 20:12 Also I gave them My Sabbaths to be a sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am the Yahweh who sanctifies them.
How can anyone be sanctified without keeping the Sabbath?
● Exodus 20:9 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Yahweh your God.
In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days Yahweh made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Yahweh blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it” (Exodus 20:8-11).
● 1 Peter 1:15 But like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."
● Leviticus 20:26 'Thus you are to be holy to Me, for I the Yahweh am holy; and I have set you apart from the peoples to be Mine.
"Yahweh has today declared you to be His people, (ISRAEL) a treasured possession, as He promised you, and that you should keep all His commandments; and that He will set you high above all nations which He has made, for praise, fame, and honor; and that you shall be a consecrated people to the Yahweh, your Elohim, as He has spoken."
The Disciples Kept the Sabbath 85 Times in the book of Acts.
● Acts 20:6-7 But we sailed from Philippi after the Feast of Unleavened Bread, and five days later joined the others at Troas, where we stayed seven days. On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight. Verse 7 states, in the English, that the apostles came together on the first day of the week, thus implying to many that the Sabbath is now on the first day of the week
Since this verse is used to defend Sunday as the new Sabbath day, let’s look at the Greek verse, where verse 7 says “first day of the week”. The Greek says, actually... mia ton sabbaton The Greek word mia means “one,” not “first” ... it is the Greek word ‘protos’ that means “first,” which is not present in the text.
We cannot make it say something that it does not ... It actually translates as “one of the Sabbaths”. Plural. Not “First day of the week”. Singular.”. This is a huge translation error that has been openly accepted as truth over the years.
The modern church recognizes the resurrection day of Yeshua as being on Sunday. Let's really see which day Yeshua was resurrected.
● Matthew 20:40 For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
● John 11:9 Yeshua answered, “Are there not twelve hours of daylight? If anyone walks in the daytime, he will not stumble,because he sees by the light of this world.10 But if anyone walks at night, he will stumble, because he has no light.”…
Here is something to ponder. How can you get 3 days and 3 nights or 72 hours from Good Friday to a Sunday morning resurrection? If you do the math, He would have been raised on Monday. The modern church’s logic for changing the Saturday Sabbath to Sunday does not hold true as Resurrection services should should be held on Monday afternoon.
Most Christians point to Romans 14 as proof text on changing the Sabbath day, however you will not find the word Sabbath written in the book. God only gave the seventh day a name , all the rest of the days were were numbers. If you look closely you will see they are talking about eating and receiving one who is weak in the faith, but not to dispute over doubtful things. There is at least 10 times it mentions eating. The context here is fasting, the verse is telling them it doesn't matter which day you chose to fast. Yeshua says when we fast, not if you fast.
● Romans 14:5 One-person esteems one day above another; another esteem every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
● Matthew 6:16-18 “And when you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by others but by your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.”
● Psalm 35:13-14 “I wore sackcloth; I afflicted myself with fasting; I prayed with head bowed on my chest. I went about as though I grieved for my friend or my brother; as one who laments his mother, I bowed down in mourning.”
● John 14:15 If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
● John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken: