Walk like Yeshua did
● John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life!" Yeshua answered. "Without me, no one can go to the Father.
● John 6:44 For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me, and at the last day I will raise them up.
God didn’t promise us that we are going to heaven, there is not a single verse in the bible describing “going to heaven”. He said, “And no man has ascended up to heaven, but He that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven”
● John 3:13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven
● Matthew 22:13 Then the king said to the attendants, ‘Bind him hand and foot and cast him into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.”
● John 3:36 And anyone who believes in God's Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn't obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God's angry judgment.
What we do is the evidence of what we believe internally. Our actions define for others our inward beliefs.
● 1 John 2:6 Whoever claims to live in Him must live as Yeshua did.
● 1 Peter 2:21 For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps.
● James 2:17 We cannot claim we have faith in the truth of the Word of God and live our lives against it in practice.:
Christ came to free us from the curse of our sin and to teach us how to not sin.
He kept the Leviticus food laws.
He kept the seventh day Sabbath Holy.
He kept all God’s feast days.
He kept all God’s commandments and statutes.
He was totally submersed during baptism.
He wore tassels on the hems of his clothing.
● Numbers 15: 37 Then Yahweh said to Moses, 38 “Give the following instructions to the people of Israel: (God’s children) Throughout the generations to come you must make tassels for the hems of your clothing and attach them with a blue cord.39 When you see the tassels, you will remember and obey all the commands of the Yahweh instead of following your own desires and defiling yourselves, as you are prone to do. 40 The tassels will help you remember that you must obey all my commands and be holy to your God. 41 I am Yahweh your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt that I might be your God. I am Yahweh your God!”
● 1 John 2:.3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God [a]is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked
● 1 John 1:6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.
● John 14:23 Yeshua replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.”
● John 14:24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me
● John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
● John 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
● Matthew 16:24 Then said Yeshua unto his disciples, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
● John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
● Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
● John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
● Hebrews 10:26-27 For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.
● John 3:3 Yeshua answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
In the next verse, Yahweh is telling us that sinning is to not keep His commandments. By this the children of God and the children of the devil can be distinguished: So according to scripture; whose child are you?
● 1 John 3:4 Everyone who practices sin practices lawlessness. Indeed, sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that Christ appeared to take away sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 No one who remains in Him keeps on sinning. No one who continues (practice) to sin has seen Him or known Him. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous. 8 The one who practices sin is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the very start. This is why the Son of God was revealed, to destroy the works of the devil. 9 Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil can be distinguished: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is anyone who doesn't love his brother.
● James 1:2 But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.
Definition of transgress; To violate a command or law: SIN: to go beyond a boundary or limit. To go beyond limits set or prescribed by : VIOLATE transgress divine law.
So, this is your question, do you practice sin? Do you keep Yahweh's laws?
So then, by their fruit you will recognize them?
● Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’…23 Then I will tell them plainly, “I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.”
● 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.
The popular Christian teaching about "righteousness by faith" is that God's righteousness is "imputed" in those who "believe" in "Yeshua." In other words, in their view the righteousness which the believer has is a "theoretical" righteousness - you don't actually have to be living in a righteous way to be seen by God as "righteous". They say, "When God looks at you, he sees the righteousness of Christ, because you are in Christ"
John makes it very clear about those who are considered righteous in the Almighty's sight, by making this simple to understand statement:
● 1 John 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Yeshua is righteous. It doesn't get any easier to understand than that.
● John 3: 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”
The Sword of the Gospel, Not Peace, But Division
● Luke 12:51 Do you think that I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on, five in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”